Clear Align is looking for a full time Machinist to join our rapidly-growing team. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
|essential duties & responsibilities
- Setup and machine high-quality parts in accordance with production schedules and customer delivery requirements
- Review blueprints and specifications for jobs
- Verify quality by measuring finished first-run part and subsequent quantities
- Setup and operate HAAS, TRAK-K3 Mill, Manual Bridgeport Mill, Manual Hardinge Lathe, and basic machine shop support equipment
- Supports efforts to drive efficiencies and productivity through the Machine Shop
- Identifies and reports problems which effect the fabrication of finished goods and products
- Operate machinery in a safe and efficient manner in order to meet customer demand
- Minimum of High School diploma and/or a certificate in a technical discipline from a formal or technical trade school
- Machine Operator experience preferred doign setup, programming, and operation
- 1-2 years Machine Shop related experience
- Manipulate standard model exchange formats, ie. STEP/IGES, etc
- Open and manipulate native Solidworks model files and assemblies
- Must have a strong knowledge of MasterCAM, CAMWorks, SolidCAM, or equivalent
- Must possess a strong understanding of basic metrology, inspection processes, and equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering specs
- Ability to work and interact with a team structure as well as the ability to work independently
- Able to work safely using appropriate machine guards or other safety procedures
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Must be reliable, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities to meet customer deadlines
- Use a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Have a strong aptitude for mechanical designs and custom machine operations
- Working knowledge of MRP system and material flow
- Continuous improvement mindset related to safety, quality, and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize and document work
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Green-card Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.