Collaboration, Innovation, Reliability, Expertise. Do you want to work for a company that stands for something and where your initiative and flawless execution matter? Our Principal Technician position may be the right fit for you.
The Principal Technician primary responsibility is to support Clear Align’s Production and Engineering needs. This qualified individual must be able to work autonomously or within a team-oriented environment. Responsibilities include the production and test of precision optical subassemblies, IR/Visible lens assemblies, camera systems, and include assisting Engineering with assembly and test of new imaging systems.
|essential duties & responsibilities
- Assemble and test optical systems in accordance with delivery schedules
- Assemble and align multi-element lens systems and subassemblies with active and passive alignment techniques
- Integrate opto-mechanical assemblies with electronics and motors
- Perform optical and electrical testing in accordance with work instructions
- Assist with inspection of incoming optical, mechanical, and electronic components
- Support lean manufacturing efforts
- Excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to work and interact within a team structure as well as independently
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, dedicated to continual improvement
- Efficient, and highly organized with great attention to detail and cleanliness
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Punctual work history
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience with adhesives, epoxies, and micro-soldering
- Competency with metrology equipment including calipers, micrometers and drop gauges
- Experience with interferometers, MTF testing, scratch/dig optical inspection a plus
- Work in a cleanroom environment with cleanliness protocols
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and ERP databases
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, and work instructions to determine method and sequence of assembly
- High School Education minimum; Technical degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years related experience
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizenship or Permanent Residence Card Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.