Clear Align is looking for an experienced Process Engineer to join our electro-optic manufacturing operation in Nashua, NH. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging and laser systems for defense, aerospace, and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging and laser assembly expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow and wide field-of-view systems.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position with Clear Align may be the perfect fit.
- Support assembly operations of complex assemblies to ensure on-time quality delivery of defense grade optical assemblies
- Set up new processes
- Mechanical and optical assembly processes
- Optical fabrication including diamond turning, CNC polish, high-speed polish, and generating
- Machine shop experience, a plus
- SPC implementation
Oversee manufacturing documentation
- Understand complex prints and assembly drawings and support technicians in understanding assembly requirements
- Check process instructions to ensure correct versions are being used and develop new instructions as required
Process Controls that Focus on Lean Manufacturing
- Drive the implementation of process improvement planning utilizing the tenets of proactive teamwork
- Help optimize utilization of team and technical resources with lean principals.
- Implement SPC on optical fabrication equipment
- Implement effective issue resolution. Initiate and communicate changes to the program plan when indicated by program developments.
- Perform regular reviews of task estimates, challenging the team to eliminate wasteful approaches.
- Green belt certification required. Black belt certification, a plus.
Quality Assurance Management Support
- Support AS9100 planning and implementation.
- Collect, analyze, and distribute quality assurance data in support of first pass yield and cost of quality
- Measure and improve quality program performance through the investigation of improved processes, tools, staff training, facilitates and team dynamics.
- Establish a program completion checklist and manage the program to assure closure of program objectives efficiently and as early as practical.
- Enthusiastic, can do attitude
- Process focused individual passionately committed to exceptional quality and on time delivery.
- 5+ years’ experience in process or manufacturing engineering
- Relevant experience in aerospace/defense documentation requirements highly beneficial.
- 'Hands-On' style, and an in-depth understanding of electro optical and mechanical assembly and test.
- Excellent communication, team building, decision-making skills and process improvement is required.
- Relevant experience in customer-facing situations.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral
- Optical coating experience, a plus
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Permanent Residency Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.