Clear Align is looking for a Machinist to join our rapid-growing team in our Nashua, NH operations. The successful candidate will machine quality accurate parts following standard operating and quality procedures. Responsible for programming, setup and operations of multiple machining centers, including tool loading, setting offsets, loading and unloading parts.
Are you interested in being a key-player in a fast-growing company that directly contributes to National Security? Are you only satisfied if a job is well done? Can you bring attention to detail and a team spirit to work? Then a position with Clear Align might be a great fit for you!
Clear Align designs and manufactures of cutting-edge imaging and surveillance systems used from drones to border surveillance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up and machine high-quality parts in accordance with production schedule and customer delivery requirements
- Review blueprints and specification for a job
- Verify quality by measuring finished first-run part and subsequent quantities
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Set up and operate HAAS UMC-500, HAAS ST 30Y, TRAK – K3 MILL, MANUAL BRIDGEPORT MILL, MANUAL HARDINGE LATHE AND BASIC MACHINE SHOP SUPPORT EQUIPMENT
- Supports efforts to drive efficiencies and productivity through the Machine Shop
- Identifies and reports problems which effect the fabrication of Finished Goods products
- Operate machinery in a safe and efficient manner in order to meet customer demand
- Manipulate standard model exchange formats ie. Step/iges etc
- Open and manipulate native Soldworks model files and assemblies.
- Must have a strong knowledge of MasterCAM, CAMWorks, SolidCAM, Fusion 360 or similar CNC programs to complete the job.
- Must possess a strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- Must have a solid understanding of basic metrology, inspection processes and equipment
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering specs
- Ability to work and interact within a team structure as well as the ability to work independently.
- Able to work safely, using appropriate machine guard or other safety procedures
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Must be a reliable, self-starter, able to manage multiple priorities to meet customer deadlines
- Use a variety of machinist hand tools and precision measuring instruments
- Have a strong aptitude for mechanical designs and custom machining operations
- Working knowledge of MRP system and material flow
- Continuous improvement mindset related to safety, quality, and delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities
- Good verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize and document work
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Basic Microsoft Office Skills
- Minimum of High School Diploma and/ or a certificate in a technical discipline from a formal or technical trade school
- CNC multi axis machine experience doing setup, making own holding fixtures, programming, and operation.
- 5-7 years Machine Shop experience