Clear Align is currently seeking an experienced Procurement & Planning Coordinator to support our Supply Chain team.
At Clear Align, we specialize in designing, prototyping, and production of tailor-made sensor suites. Our portfolio extends to encompass AI-driven and network-oriented solutions catering to a wide array of clients, including governmental, defense, and commercial sectors. Our cutting-edge solutions foster autonomous intelligent systems, pioneering the detection, tracking, and identification of items of interest through advanced automatic target recognition (ATR). This ingenuity encompasses both visible and infrared segments of the spectrum, spanning UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR domains.
The successful candidate will procure optical, electrical, and mechanical components in accordance with production’s material schedule as defined in Material Requirements Planning. Primary responsibilities include regular communication with Clear Align suppliers for competitive pricing, cost negotiations, and material purchasing.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Obtain material quotes and evaluate for competitive pricing
- Work with suppliers to evaluate manufacturing capacity
- Issue purchase orders and coordinate with suppliers to obtain required delivery schedules
- Manage shipping schedule from order backlog report
- Check parts status daily to ensure they are moving on schedule through operation steps
- Mange customer delivery dates related to purchase orders and delivery dates
- Plan for reword and other scheduling needs as they arise
- Communicate with planning regarding delivery schedules that do not meet material requirements and evaluate impact to production
- Assist with qualifying new suppliers and products
- Work closely with Engineering to resolve component obsolescence and identify appropriate replacement
- Communicate with Quality Assurance and Inventory Control on quality and inventory issues
- Coordinate with Finance to resolve invoice pricing discrepancies
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize and document work
- Ability to work and interact within a team structure as well as the ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Strong functional experience executing buys on a wide range of commodities, including optics, electrical and mechanical components, in an MRP environment
- Assist with development and maintenance of supplier relations
- Experience using Visual Manufacturing a plus
- Working knowledge of ITAR compliance regulations
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities