Clear Align is currently seeking a technically strong Production Manager to manage our electro-optical assembly team. Strong leadership skills combined with expertise in optical, electronic, mechanical, and software integration are key.
At Clear Align, we specialize in designing, prototyping, and production of tailor-made sensor suites. Our portfolio extends to encompass AI-driven and network-oriented solutions catering to a wide array of clients, including governmental, defense, and commercial sectors. Our cutting-edge solutions foster autonomous intelligent systems, pioneering the detection, tracking, and identification of items of interest through advanced automatic target recognition (ATR). This ingenuity encompasses both visible and infrared segments of the spectrum, spanning UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR domains.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a technically strong and agile leader for dynamic and fast-growing optical assembly and test operation. A key facet of this role entails the inspiration and guidance of a diverse team. Beyond this, the candidate will spearhead the pursuit of continuous improvement, collaborating seamlessly with supply chain, material management, and planning to fine-tune both planning and manufacturing execution. Overseeing the entirety of day-to-day operations encompassing assembly, testing, and repair functionalities. Join us in pushing the boundaries of possibility in the realm of Electro Optic Systems Integration.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead and oversee day-to-day operations for manufacturing engineering, assembly technicians, planning, and material management resources for an expanding assembly, test, and repair operations
- Mentor direct reports, crafting personal and career development plans including cross training that amplify job competencies and performance, with the goal of nurturing their progression into roles of greater responsibility and thus fostering a united team
- Build and integrate infrared cameras, visible cameras, laser range finders, pan tilt units, illuminators, and other defense systems and sub-systems
- Blend the perspective of both customers and staff members to enhance our operational efficiency, fulfill obligations, and elevate team morale
- Strategically allocate resources and prioritize tasks to optimize production schedules
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives tied to corporate objectives that maintain high quality and on-time delivery while controlling cost
- Instill Lean Manufacturing principles to cultivate an optimal workspace featuring efficient work-cells that minimize manufacturing waste
- Ensure meticulous upkeep of assembly and test documentation and ensure compliance with government and industry assembly standards (ITAR, AS9100, ISO9000, ESD, Clean Room Protocol)
- Communicate well with Business Development, Engineering, Optical Fabrication & Coating, Supply Chain, and Planning
- Evaluate team performance comprehensively and offer recommendations concerning salary adjustments, promotions, disciplinary actions, new hires, and terminations and ensure compliance with company policies
- Experience with optical system assembly and test processes for sensor systems and subsystems
- Experience working with and coordinating the efforts of engineers, technicians, planning and material management
- Expertise in Lean Manufacturing and a willingness to take a leadership role in educating teammates
- Good customer interaction skills
- Defense experience and strong ITAR compliance background
- Experience with implementing and improving ERP functionality.
- Ability to create an environment that inspires employees to take personal ownership for achieving goals and for continuous performance improvement.
- Ability to take charge of complex projects with minimal direction and develop new strategies and new ways of approaching business challenges independently.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be an excellent cultural fit in a fast-paced hands-on organization where each contributor is an integral member of the team
- Proficiency in planning, material management, assembly, and testing within the EOIR systems domain
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in a high-mix production environment, specifically catering to defense markets
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a relevant field or equivalent practical experience
- Robust aptitude in enterprise software management and adeptness in data analysis. Familiarity with Visual Manufacturing ERP and ClickUp Project Management is a notable advantage
- Knowledge of ISO9000, AS9100, and ISO 1400 standards is beneficial
- Adept at strategic thinking and data analysis, coupled with the capability to succinctly present outcomes to executive levels, including the CEO
- Exceptional proficiency in Microsoft tools; MS Excel, Access, Word, Project, PowerPoint, and MS Teams
- U.S Person eligible for clearance