Clear Align is looking for an experienced Principal Opto-Mechanical Technician to join our rapidly-growing team.
Are you interested in being a key-player in a fast growing company that directly contributes to National Security? Do you bring a strong attention to detail and a positive team spirit to work? Are you only satisfied if a job is well done?
Clear Align designs and manufactures cutting-edge imaging and surveillance systems used from drones to border surveillance. We work hard and have fun in a COVID safe work environment.
This individual shall be to work autonomously or within a team-oriented environment. Duties include the production and test of precision optical subassemblies, IR/Visible lens assemblies and camera systems. Responsibilities include assisting Engineering with assembly and test of new imaging systems. The candidate’s primary responsibility is to support Clear Align’s Production and Engineering needs as a Principal Technician.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble and test optical systems in accordance with delivery schedules
- Assemble and align multi-element lens systems and subassemblies with active and passive alignment techniques
- Integrate opto-mechanical assemblies with electronics and motors
- Perform optical and electrical testing in accordance with work instructions
- Assist with inspection of incoming optical, mechanical and electronic components
- Support lean manufacturing efforts
- Excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to work and interact within a team structure as well as independently.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, dedicated to continual improvement
- Efficient, and highly organized with great attention to detail and cleanliness
- Strong problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Punctual work history
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience with adhesives, epoxies, and micro-soldering
- Competency with metrology equipment including calipers, micrometers and drop gauges
- Experience with interferometers, MTF testing, scratch/dig optical inspection a plus
- Work in a cleanroom environment with cleanliness protocols
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and ERP databases
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, and work instructions to determine method and sequence of assembly
- High School Education minimum; Technical degree preferred
- Minimum 5yrs related experience