Clear Align is looking for an experienced Project Manager to join our growing team. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace, and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven, and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position with Clear Align may be the perfect fit.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the overall planning and day to day management of assigned product development projects from initial planning to production handoff. Will apply project management best practices in all aspects of the product development lifecycle.
- Apply project management best practices to support Clear Align's business goals and objectives for product development.
- Responsible for creation and maintenance of the Master Schedule; keep deliverables on track and handle dependencies.
- Support proposal response activities by generating project forecasts for cost and time.
- Lead and facilitate creation of Work Breakdown Structures.
- Owns the baselining, tracking, and reporting of Earned Value Management Metrics for each project.
- Responsible for assessment, tracking, and management of risks for assigned projects.
- Regularly communicate updates on the status of project schedule, cost, resources, and risks as well as product cost.
- Create, maintain, and report project dashboards and metrics to stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and management to the project team to successfully meet all requirements, project cost targets, and milestone delivery dates.
- Properly escalate issues to resolve them in a timely manner.
- Cultivate relationships in the organization while collaborating with cross-functional team members to drive the execution of project tasks and deliverables.
- Communicate with a broader group of stakeholders beyond the project team.
- Develop, maintain, and manage customer relationship throughout the project duration.
- Interface directly with the customer with reporting project status per contract.
- Engage in customer sites visits as required.
- Support continuous improvement activities for the product realization process.
- Proven experience in managing projects employing project management best practices.
- Ability to manage product development projects from initial planning to production handoff.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skilled in the leadership and management of technical resources.
- Ability to understand and communicate technical designs and project issues.
- Effectively communicate and interact with technical and non-technical groups outside of engineering that include business development, manufacturing, and finance.
- Proficient use with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Project.
- U.S. Person.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience of project management in a multi-engineering discipline product development environment employing optical, electronic, and mechanical systems.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Permanent Residency Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.