Clear Align is looking for a full time RMA/CSR Assembly Technician to join our rapidly growing RMA team. Clear Align designs, develops, and manufactures custom imaging, sensing, and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace, border patrol, and a wide range of commercial applications. Our vertically integrated facility in Nashua, NH contains optical component fabrication (grind/polish and diamond turning), thin film optical coating (AR, DLC/HC, filters), and full system assembly and test. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide-field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
The successful candidate will responsible to evaluate, troubleshoot and repair /rebuild customer returns of optical/mechanical products in accordance with Standard Assembly Procedures and Standard Test Procedures.
- Tests and evaluates IR camera assemblies and related hardware.
- Troubleshoots and repairs failed IR camera assemblies and related hardware to the sub-assembly level.
- Generates and records test data and documentation including product and component traceability.
- Interact with assemblers to resolve issues and implement solutions.
- Interacts with Manufacturing Engineers and Quality Assurance to resolve problems and implement improvements.
- Utilize a wide variety of small hand tools such as soldering irons, wire strippers, crimpers, wrenches, screwdrivers, and pliers.
- Knowledge of clean room or laminar flow booth clean assembly procedures
- Knowledge of optical/mechanical assemblies
- A basic understanding of electronics and circuitry, the ability to read and understand schematics and possibly the use of test equipment.
- Good mechanical aptitude with fine manual dexterity.
- The ability to read and understand mechanical drawings and assemblies.
- Comfortable working with small manual tools such as screwdrivers, torque wrenches and Loctite’s.
- Previous experience with assembly fixtures, inspection tools, measurement instruments, i.e. micrometers, calipers, and electronic indicators, etc.
- Experience with solvents, epoxies, and safe handling of all.
- Ability to plan and organize own work. Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple projects/tasks.
- Ability to express ideas clearly through both verbal and written communications.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills, functions well as part of a team.
- Ability to lift 50lbs to assist in the packing of full systems.
- Extensive knowledge of production products, components, part prints optical/mechanical assemblies and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of Mechanical Assembly- smaller sub-assemblies as well as larger system assembly.
- Experience in electrical wiring. Ability to wire assemblies, read wiring diagrams, and crimp and solder wiring.
- J-STD-001 Crimp Terminal Certification in accordance with IPC standards
- Experience with optical potting; potting of lenses using optical adhesives and epoxies for glass to glass and glass to metal bonding.
- Experience in optical alignment in the assembly process of larger optical systems. Checking for Par, line of sight, and MTF as well as Boresight, Cho-Boresight and EFLs. (Use of indicators and optical alignment benches and tooling.)
- Previous experience leak and purge testing with some environmental testing.
- Ability to read assembly and procedures and prints.
- Education – High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ previous work experience in electro-optic manufacturing within a fast-paced assembly/production environment.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively.
Clear Align is an equal-opportunity employer that encourages diversity.
US Citizen or Permanent Residency Required
To apply, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com.