Clear Align is looking for a full time Principal Electrical Engineer to join our rapidly-growing team. Clear Align designs, prototypes and manufactures custom imaging, sensing and fiber optic systems for defense, aerospace and commercial customers. Clear Align’s imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics.
Clear Align houses a highly sophisticated facility and engineering team in an organizational structure that is nimble, customer-driven and non-bureaucratic. Members of our team bring deep domain expertise in their areas of study combined with excellent project management and communication skills enabling small product-focused teams to deliver value quickly and effectively. If you are driven to exceed the objectives regularly set by your current organization, then a position with Clear Align may be the perfect fit.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated, innovative electrical engineer who is comfortable with design, implementation, and documentation. This candidate should also be comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team as well as leading and mentoring electrical engineers. The successful candidate will also be responsible for reviewing others designs for compliance to requirements and specifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Electrical Requirements Definition
- Spice Simulations using LTSpice or similar
- Hardware Prototyping using Development Kits
- Schematic Capture and BOM/Netlist Generation
- Working with External Layout Service
- Creating test plans and design verification plans
- Leading integration with an interdisciplinary team
- Maintaining schedules and project plans
- Optical systems experience is desired
- Experience with electrical CAD package (OrCAD and PADs is a plus)
- Strong hands-on lab skills (Soldering, using Oscilloscopes, running Design Verification Tests)
- Strong communications skills
- Problem solving and analysis skills
- Project lead experience
- Willingness to innovate and try new approaches
- Familiarity with MIL-810, MIL-461 a plus
- Must be eligible for a DoD security clearance
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or higher
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience
- U.S. Person Required