Clear Align is looking for an experienced Principal Technician to join our rapidly-growing team.
Are you interested in being a key-player in a fast-growing company that directly contributes to National Security? Do you bring a strong attention to detail and a positive team spirit to work? Are you only satisfied if a job is well done?
Clear Align designs and manufactures cutting-edge imaging and surveillance systems used from drones to border surveillance. We work hard and have fun in a COVID safe work environment.
The candidate’s primary responsibility is to support Clear Align’s Production and Engineering needs as a Principal Technician. This individual shall be to work autonomously or within a team-oriented environment. Duties include the production and test of precision optical subassemblies, IR/Visible lens assemblies and camera systems. Responsibilities include assisting Engineering with assembly and test of new imaging systems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Assemble and test optical systems in accordance with delivery schedules
- Assemble and align multi-element lens systems and subassemblies with active and passive alignment techniques
- Integrate opto-mechanical assemblies with electronics and motors
- Perform optical and electrical testing in accordance with work instructions
- Assist with inspection of incoming optical, mechanical and electronic components
- Support lean manufacturing efforts
- Excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Ability to work and interact within a team structure as well as independently
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter with a positive attitude, dedicated to continual improvement
- Efficient, and highly organized with great attention to detail and cleanliness
- Strong problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Punctual work history
- Basic computer skills – Email, MS Word, MS Excel
- Experience with adhesives, epoxies, and micro-soldering
- Competency with metrology equipment including calipers, micrometers and drop gauges
- Experience with interferometers, MTF testing, scratch/dig optical inspection a plus
- Work in a cleanroom environment with cleanliness protocols
- Experience with Quality Management Systems and ERP databases
- Ability to read drawings, specifications, and work instructions to determine method and sequence of assembly
- High School Education minimum; Technical degree preferred
- Minimum 5yrs related experience