Are you interested in being a key-player in fast growing company that directly contributes to National Security? Are only satisfied if a job is well done? Can you bring attention to detail and a team spirit to work? Then a position with Clear Align could be the right fit for you!
Clear Align is looking for an Optical Engineer to join our growing team. Clear Align designs and manufactures of cutting-edge imaging and surveillance systems used from drones to border surveillance. Our imaging expertise spans the UV, visible, NIR, SWIR, MWIR, and LWIR portions of the spectrum, delivering both narrow- and wide field-of-view systems. Fiber-optic and sensing expertise includes optical integration for communications, remote sensing and targeting, as well as medical fiber optics. We work hard and have fun in a COVID safe work environment.
The Optical Engineer will apply their knowledge of optical systems and design to inform system design trade studies in the support of product development. The engineer will also take ownership of the optical design, integration, and testing of assigned projects. The engineer will apply best engineering practices in all phases of the design process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform system level analysis to ensure optical systems meet requirements
- Design zoom and fixed focus lens systems for wavelength bands from the Visible to the LWIR
- Perform stray light analysis
- Identify test and measurement methodologies to meet requirements
- Design and align optical test beds to support the production of designed optical systems
- Assemble and align optical imaging systems
- Perform optical testing, including interferometric and MTF testing
- Support and coordination with optical fabrication is required
- Expert with optical design, Zemax Optic Studio software is preferred
- Solid understanding of geometrical and physical optics
- Familiar with optical testing equipment, and procedures
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and set priorities to meet deadlines
- Exhibit strong problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Self-starter dedicated to continual improvement
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Efficient, and highly organized with great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills, professional presentation, and ability to communicate effectively
- U.S. Person
- Minimum of BS in Physics, Optical Sciences/Engineering or similar
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the evaluation and test of optical systems